Now Hiring - Social Media Contractor
The Social Media Contractor will be responsible for creating engaging content on two social media platforms (Instagram and Tik Tok) for The Peacock Boutique with the goal of growing engagement, online sales revenue, and driving foot traffic into our retail store locations. This role will report directly to the President and Owner of The Peacock Boutique.
- Build a social media strategy and content creation plan for 2023
- Execute that plan by creating, and curating engaging content including Posts, Reels, and Video Shorts
- Managing all non-inventory-related direct messages
- Ensuring our brand guidelines are being followed and amplified through our social media channels
Duties & Responsibilities
- Understanding the ideal customer persona for The Peacock
- Creating a content strategy plan for 2023, including content pillars, publishing frequency, social media guidelines (tone of voice, personality, etc.)
- Professionally filming videos and taking photos (must be of high-quality)
- Ensuring approval from the Owner before publishing
- Ensuring content is delivered on time and on schedule
- Effectively communicating results and progress to the Owner
- Staying on top of trends and capitalizing/leveraging content to be highly relevant
- Ensuring an effective hashtag strategy
- Consistently demonstrating the company’s core values
Required Skills, Experience & Education
- 3+ years of social media experience for a retail brand
- Highly experienced in running Instagram and Tik Tok accounts (either personally but preferably professionally)
- Confident in front of a camera
- Organized, punctual, driven
- Creative and artistic
- $17 - 20/hour
- 50 hours per month (~$850 - $1,000/month contract) - 12.5 hours/week
- 20% Store Discount
- $50/month Store Credit
How to Apply
- Please send in a resume, cover letter, and portfolio (list of accounts you’ve managed) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- This posting will remain open until a successful applicant has been placed.
- We appreciate all applicants and the time you take in applying for this position. Only successful applicants will be contacted to move forward with an interview.